E7-20 GPON8x Card
E7-20 GPON8x Card
The Calix E7 GPON-8x line card provides eight ITU G.984-compliant Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Optical Line Terminal (OLT) interfaces. The E7 GPON-8x line card operates in any of the E7-20 system’s 20 universal line card slots, for a system capacity of 160 OLT ports. Each OLT PON can support up to 64 Optical Network Terminations (ONTs) for a total of 512 subscribers per card.
GPON: The Calix E7 GPON-8x card provides multiservice capability over IP/Ethernet-based networks. Each GPON-8x provides 8 GPON OLT ports that subtend up to 64 ONTs each, for a card capacity of 512 GPON ONTs per card.. Subscriber services are aggregated to the central Switch Control Processor (SCP) for network connectivity at rates up to 40Gbps. GPON-8x card features and capabilities include:
- Based on ITU G.984 GPON family of standards
- GPON: 2.488 Gbps downstream 1.244 Gbps upstream
- GEM (Ethernet) based GPON
- Interoperable with Calix 700 family of ONTs
- Class B+ ODN, +28 dB link budget, up to 1:64 splits
- Extended reach GPON up to 40 km with 1:8 split
- Class C+ ODN, (as per G.984.2 Amendment 2), +32 dB link budget
- Extended reach GPON up to 60 km with 1:8 split
IP Services Delivery: The Calix E7 GPON-8x card delivers a full spectrum of IP access services over GPON networks.
- Secure AES encryption on the PON
- IPTV - broadcast and Video on Demand (VoD)
- MEF compliant business services
- High-Speed Internet (HSI) access
- Voice - Native SIP/VoIP and TDM Gateway support
- T1/E1 services
- CATV: 1550nm RF video overlay; 1610nm RF return
Network Resiliency: All Calix E7-20 cards support a flexible set of standards-based network topology protocols for use in aggregation, ring-based transport, and uplink.
- ITU G.8032 Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (ERPS)
- IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP)
- IEEE 802.3ad/802.1AX Link Aggregation
- ITU G.983.5 - Type B Protection and enhanced survivability for GPON OLT
Mobile Backhaul: With integrated network synchronization, Ethernet OAM, and support for T1 services, the GPON-8x card can be used to transport uncompromised mobile broadband traffic while also supporting triple play residential and MEF certified business services from a single platform. A powerful collection of classification, policing, and scheduling algorithms let operators manage per-subscriber and per-service traffic flows to maintain priority/delay/loss service differentiation within the E7 network.
Scalable IPTV Support: The E7-20 supports industry standard IGMP snooping to identify and replicate multicast video sent between the set-top box and the video distribution network, providing efficient, scalable, high-quality IPTV distribution on GPON and Ethernet interfaces.