E7-2 GPON4 Card
E7-2 GPON4 Card
The Calix E7-2 GPON-4 r2 line card provides four ITU G.984-compliant Gigabit Passive Optical Netowk (GPON) interfaces and eight Gigabit Ethernet (GE) interfaces, along with four ports of integrated 10-Gigabit Ethernet. The E7-2 GPON-4 r2 line card can be plugged into one or both of the two universal slots within a Calix E7 shelf. Each PON supports up to 64 Optical Network Terminations (ONTs) for a total of 512 GPON plus 16 point-to-point Ethernet subscribers per 1RU E7 chassis. The E7-2 GPON-4 r2 card supports a full set of Ethernet services and network topology protocols on the Ethernet ports and can be used interchangeably with other E7-2 line cards to create a redundant system configuration.
GPON AND POINT-TO-POINT ETHERNET: The Calix E7-2 GPON-4 r2 card provides multiservice capability over IP/Ethernet-based networks. Each GPON-4 r2 provides 4 GPON OLT ports that subtend up to 64 ONTs each, for a card capacity of 256 GPON ONTs, 512 per E7-2 1RU chassis. Additional eight GE ports per card can provide high-bandwidth, point-to-point Ethernet services to individual subscribers or be used toaggregate other devices using 1G/2.5G Ethernet trunks.
Multiple E7-2 shelves can be linked together using low cost, industry standard 10GE SFP+ copper cables, resulting in a high-density configuration serving over 1000 GPON ONT subscribers in as little as 2RU space (1:64 split). GPON-4 r2 card features and capabilities include:
- Based on ITU G.984 GPON family of standards
- GPON: 2.488 Gbps downstream 1.244 Gbps upstream
- GEM (Ethernet) based GPON
- Interoperable with Calix family of 700 ONTs and 836GE RSG
- Integrated 10GE and GE/2.5GE aggregation and transport
- Class B+ ODN, +28 dB link budget, up to 20 km at 32-way splits
- Extended reach GPON up to 40 km with 1:8 split
- Class C+ ODN, +32 dB link budget with Forward Ettor Correction (FEC), up to 32 km at 32-way split, up to 60 km at 2-way split
- Hardened for centreal office and remote terminals
Secure IP Service Delivery: The Calix E7-2 GPON-4 r2 card delivers a full spectrum of IP access services over encrypted GPON and Point-to-Point Ethernet networks.
- Secure AES encryption on the PON
- IPTV - broadcast and Video on Demand (VoD)
- MEF compliant business services
- High-Speed Internet (HSI) access
- Voice - Native SIP/VoIP and TDM Gateway support
- T1/E1 services
- CATV: 1550nm RF video overlay; 1610nm RF return
Network Resiliency: All Calix E7 cards support a flexible set of standards-based network topology protocols for use in aggregation, ring-based transport, and uplink.
- ITU G.8032 Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (ERPS)
- IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP)
- IEEE 802.3ad/802.1AX Link Aggregation
Mobile Backhaul: With integrated network synchronization, hierarchical QoS and support for T1/E1 services, the GPON-4 r2 card transport uncompromised mobile broadband traffic while also supporting triple play residential and MEF certified business services from a single platform. A powerful collection of classification, policing, and scheduling algorithms let operators manage per-subscriber and per-service traffic flows to maintain priority/delay/loss service differentiation within the E7 network.
Integrated High-Capacity Aggregation: The E7-2 GPON-4 r2 card is built on core Layer 2 and Layer 3 switch capable of full-duplex, line rate forwarding at all frame sizes and traffic types across all interfaces. Each GPON OLT port has a dedicated 2.5Gbps switch interface. Industry standard pluggable modules are used for all interfaces, including ITU G.984 compliant GPON, GE and 2.5GE optical SFP, 10GE XFP, and 10GE SFP+.
Scalable IPTV Support: The E7 supports industry standard IGMP snooping to identify and replicate multicast video sent between the set-top box and the video distribution network, providing efficient, scalable, high-quality IPTV distribution on GPON and Ethernet interfaces.